Did You Know:
- There are over 160 Car Tyre manufacturers worldwide!
- Over €1,000 million is spent annually on tyre research and development.
- In Ireland, over 250 brands of car tyres are available from over 40 countries worldwide!
- Since the 1960’s roads have been made from recycled car tyres, the recycled tyres are shredded and mixed with asphalt to produce recycled more environmentally friendly and safer roads.
- Retreading is an environmentally-friendly process that gives a second life to suitable tyres, offering customers better value.
- In the USA, approximately 50 million pounds of rubber is worn off of tyres every single week. That’s a lot of rubber.
- The first tyres were not made from rubber. They were in fact, made with bands of iron and later steel.
- In Formula 1, pit crews can change a tyre in as little as 3 seconds. Now that’s impressive!
- By fitting premium tyres, you can improve your fuel efficiency. If you buy a quality, premium tyre, you could be looking to save the price of two or three tanks of fuel a year.
- Since 2006 the EU has made it illegal for either shredded or whole tyres to be left to rot on the dump. Despite these 3 million tonnes of tyres end up in landfills across Europe every year.
- Your tyres are the #1 most important element of your vehicle’s safety and control.
- When inflated to the recommended pressure, tyres can improve 10% fuel economy.
- Almost 70% of all drivers are unable to tell if their tyres are bald.
- At least 10% of all vehicles on the road today are driving with at least 1 bald tyre.
- The minimum thread depth legally is 1.6mm.
- Tyres that have a tread depth that is 1.6mm have only 55% effectiveness in comparison to new tyres.
- It takes a ½ barrel of crude oil to manufacture one truck tyre.
Sooner or Later you’ll use Tyreland!
Tyreland has 6 Tyre Depots located around Dublin City and Meath and offers the most competitive deals on cheap tyres in Dublin. Our industry experts are always available for advice and love to help people out. Contact us today.